The Mayr Diet or Mayr Cure is one of those diets that are always misspelled. Variations include Mayer Diet, Mayer Cure, Meier Diet and Meier Cure.
The Mayr Diet was developed by F.X. Mayr (1875 - 1965) and it aimed to detoxify and rehabilitate the intestines. A special diet is meant to remove all the poisonous toxins from the body and regenerate it to its healthy condition.
Implementation of the Mayr Diet
In the Mayr Diet you chew on a two-day old roll for a very long time along with spoonfuls of milk. The Mayr Diet is therefore more or less a diet that consists of eating nothing.
Alongside the strict eating regulations a Mayr Cure entails certain other elements including stomach massages and enemata etc.
Treating Allergies With F. X. Mayr Therapy: Mobilizing The Body's Self-healing Powers
Evaluation of the Mayr Diet/ Mayr Cure:
- "This is certainly a diet that is not to be done at home and it is certainly not practical for those who work. ( Stiftung Warentest " - a German Consumer Foundation - Comparison of 80 diets)
- The Mayr Diet / Mayr Cure is very strenuous on the body.
- Weight loss is rapid because of the low-intake of food.
- The fact that this diet is a healthy method of purification of the intestine is yet to be scientifically proven.
- The Mayr Diet / Mayr Cure claims to regenerate the body by removing all the poisonous toxins. However the body regulates and controls its acid-base balance in many different ways without external help.
- A long-term transformation of eating habits can not be expected with the Mayr Diet / Mayr Cure. One thing you certainly do learn is to chew food properly.
Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook, Lisa Lillien