Hollywood Celebrity Diet
The Hollywood Celebrity Diet is a diet that is based on separating food for e.g. proteins and carbohydrates are not allowed to be combined. The Hollywood Celebrity Diet not only involves eating protein and carbohydrates separately, it also includes eating a lot of tropical fruits.
The Hollywood Celebrity Diet claims that the enzymes of tropical fruits work wonders when it comes to the burning of fat, proteins and carbohydrates. "Pigging out" can be compensated by eating tropical fruits such as pineapples because of the high concentration of digestive enzymes they contain.
Judy Mazel, the person who developed the diet, forbids regular exercise.
Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Revised Edition, Joel Fuhrman
Evaluation of the Hollywood Star Diet:
- "Hollywood Celebrity Diet: "Everything that has already been mentioned with regard to this kind of a diet and the scientific absurdity of separating foods is also valid for this diet. Do not do it!!!" ( Stiftung Warentest " - a German Consumer Foundation - Comparison of 80 diets)
- Enzymes are proteins and they break down into amino acids during digestion. It is therefore impossible that these enzymes have any effect.
- There are very strict rules which state what to eat, in which combination and when.
- The extremely low supply of calories means that weight is lost quickly. The under nourishment causes the metabolism rate to slow down. This can bring about the yo-yo effect when normal eating presumes.
- All dairy products are forbidden. This can cause a calcium deficiency if the diet is done on a long-term basis.
- There is not guarantee that the body is provided with all the necessary nutrients.