In the last few years inline skating has become incredibly popular. Inline skating is not only popular with children and teenagers but it is also becoming more trendy with adults and older people.
The smooth motion and rolling belong to the special features of inline skating. There is little strain on the musculoskeletal system and the level of cardiovascular activity is ideal for healthy exercise. This sport is ideal for overweight people as there is very little strain placed on the joints.
Get Rolling, the Beginner's Guide to In-line Skating, Third Edition
Advantages of Inline Skating
- Inline skating has a high “fun factor”.
- Ideal, constant cardiovascular exercise
- Low risk of overworking the body
- No great strain on the joints, tendons and ligaments making it suitable for overweight people
- Easy to learn
Disadvantages of Inline Skating
- Relatively high risk of falling and getting injuries
- Braking with inline skates is difficult to learn
- Inline skating only exercises the lower body
- Dependant on appropriate routes
- Good weather conditions needed. The risk of falling increases considerably with wet weather.
Inline!: A Manual for Beginning to Intermediate Inline Skating