Quitting Smoking: Finally Giving Up Smoking
Quitting smoking is theoretically very easy. Reality, however, shows that it is very difficult to become a non-smoker.
Reasons why giving up smoking is so difficult:
- Nicotine dependency:
Quit smoking by using nicotine patches, chewing gum, nasal spray
- Social reasons: Social smoking
- Distraction: Smoking in order to occupy the hand and mouth out of embarrassment or insecurity.
- Habit: Smoking automatically without thinking about it.
- Emotions: Smoking because of stress, troubles, anger, unhappiness, boredom.
- Controlling weight: Smoking instead of eating a meal, in order to avoid putting on weight or to help digestion
- Pleasure: Smoking after eating, in leisurely breaks, as a “reward”.
Quit smoking by acknowledging mental dependency. Why do you smoke and when?
Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking
The Easy Way for Women to Stop Smoking: A Revolutionary Approach Using Allen Carr's Easyway Method, Allen Carr