A rowing machine belongs to the group of classical exercise machines and it enables more than just a leg workout.
Tips for Exercise with a Rowing Machine
- Keep your back straight and check your posture regularly. A mirror placed on the side can be very helpful to control your posture.
- When pulling you should not lean back too much. Leaning back at a 45 degree angle is ideal.
- Never straighten your legs all the way.
- Row at a constant pace
Body for Life: 12 Weeks to Mental and Physical Strength
Advantages of a Rowing Machine
- Provides a full body workout.
Disadvantages of a Rowing Machine
- It gets boring very quickly. It is not possible to read whilst exercising.
Quality Criteria for a Rowing Machine
- Quality of the workmanship and stability
- Noise emission
- Jerk-free motion
The Great Home Gym Handbook : A Quick Reference Guide to Home Gym Exercises