Whilst most exercise machines mainly focus on exercising the leg muscles, crosstrainers exercise the upper body as well.
Tips for Exercise with a Crosstrainer
- Pay attention to your posture. Stand up straight. The body should be slightly bent forward.
- Practice using the legs first before beginning with the arms.
Men's Health Home Workout Bible: A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Burning Fat and Building Muscle
Advantages of a Crosstrainer:
- It is particularly good for the joints because of the elliptical course of motion of the step surfaces.
- Whole body workout: it exercises both the upper and lower body.
Disadvantages of a Crosstrainer:
- Reading a newspaper on the crosstrainer is not possible.
Quality Criteria for a Crosstrainer
- Flywheel mass: The bigger the flywheel mass the more constant and calm the course of the machine.
- Noise emission
- Quality of the workmanship and stableness
- Exercise computer: The number of exercise programmes